The scheduling apps for Apple and Android devices enable dock supervisors, managers and staff to instantly schedule or change delivery times, look up carrier details, and view upcoming delivery schedules right from their smart phone or tablet.
Scottsdale, AZ – February 27, 2013 – Having instant access to daily and weekly delivery schedules is a necessity for many dock supervisors and their staff at distribution centers, warehouses, manufacturing plants and other facilities worldwide that both receive and ship deliveries. Unfortunately, this is not always a reality, as schedules often reside solely on a clipboard in the docking area or on a single desktop computer in the dispatcher room. But thanks to new mobile apps from AppointmentPlus, these facilities can instantly access their delivery schedules when they need them, 24 hours a day.
Appointment-Plus dock scheduling software has been the premier solution for facilities looking to automate and streamline the manner in which they schedule and manage their inbound and outbound deliveries and shipments. From large enterprise-sized organizations with dozens of locations and hundreds of docks to medium-sized and smaller operations, Appointment-Plus transforms the delivery process by giving carriers the ability to schedule their own delivery times online, instead of over the phone, by fax or by e-mail. The result is a more efficient and organized process that saves facilities both time and money.
Now, this powerful technology is accessible through new dynamic mobile apps for Apple and Android devices, enabling dock supervisors and staff to access their delivery schedules and carrier information anytime and from anywhere, right from their smart phones and tablets.
Available free for all Appointment-Plus clients, these powerful new apps provide such features as:
- A clean and easy-to-navigate user interface.
- An icon on your mobile device for easy and instant access to your scheduler.
- Functionality to instantly add, change and cancel appointments.
- Functionality to add and update customer information.
- Filter appointment data by staff or location.
- Daily, monthly and list views.
- Multiple Appointments Per Time Slot (MAPTS) compatible.
Both mobile scheduling apps are “native”, which are faster and more functional than the more common mobile web apps. The apps are available free to current Appointment-Plus and can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store (Apple devices) and the Google Play Store (Android devices).
Learn more about how Appointment-Plus shipping scheduling software can improve your delivery and shipment processes.
Ready to learn more? Schedule your free demo today.
Related Logistics Blog Posts
- New Mobile Apps from AppointmentPlus Perfect for Managing Deliveries at Distribution Centers, Warehouses
- Streamline Your Dock Shipping and Receiving Schedule with Online Booking Software
- Can Logistics Automation Benefit Both Big Business and Workers?
- VIDEO: An ROI Analysis of Dock Scheduling Software
- 6 Tips to Overhaul Your Dock’s Operational Efficiency
- The Secret to Battling Warehouse Management Chaos
- How Robotics Are Revamping the Face of Warehouse Logistics
- Why Automation is Revolutionizing Logistics
- How Dock Managers Can Ease Distribution Centers’ 3 Biggest Nightmares