A lot of mechanics waste their talents by working under those who are less skilled than them.
If you are self-motivated mechanic with basic business knowledge and access to capital, then learning how to open an auto repair shop might be right for you.
Let’s take a look at how much it costs to open an auto repair shop.
What Does It Cost to Open an Automotive Repair Shop?
- Diagnostic Machine range from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Shop rental fees range from $1,500 to $15,000 a month depending on the size
- A good tool set with specialty tools costs $15,000.
- Insurance cost of about $4,000 a year.
- A nice lift with installation included costs around $3,700.
Total Cost: $47,700
These are not all the fees associated with opening an auto shop, but they are usually the highest fees that everyone has to pay.
Finding & Designing a Good Location
- Stay within traveling distance of your client’s homes.
- Pick a building slightly larger than what you need.
- Stay close to the main roads of the city or town.
- Find a building with a lobby room where customers can wait.
Advertising Your Auto Shop
- Hang up fliers around town.
- Advertise on your local television station.
- Offer discounts on common repairs and oil changes
- Use social media sites
Creating A Successful Auto Shop Business
Once you’ve started your auto repair shop, make sure that you know the best methods for running your shop successfully.
Although auto shops are essentially recession proof, it can still be difficult to compete in the industry. Learn how AppointmentPlus can help you run your auto repair shop successfully and you’re much more likely to keep your business running for many years to come.
Ready to learn more? Schedule your free demo today.